10/30/10

Halloween

Halloween couldn't have come quicker, this year seems to be flying by at an almost alarming rate, as I was finishing a number of midterms and deadlines these past couple of weeks. I hope to upload some of my more recent work this weekend as well as some photos of the costume I put together for this year's festivities.

Seeing as October is the month of honoring the dead, I'd like to honor the lives of two amazing musicians who died this past October:

The reggae legend Gregory Isaacs died on October 25, 2010 at age 59, after battling lung cancer for a number of years. Although his discography contains a number of classic reggae hits, my all time favorite song is Night Nurse (click for the YouTube link).

The much younger and lesser known Micheal Larson, known as Eyedea of the underground Hip Hop duo Eyedea and Abilities died on October 16, 2010 at age 28. The cause of his death is still unknown, but comes as a great loss in a time when creative and original Hip Hop is getting harder and harder to find. Here is a link to the groups song Act Right.